- Soak coriander / dhania and jeera seeds, ajwain, and black pepper in lukewarm water for 2 hours. Take these ingredients out and grind into fine paste. You can use the same water for grinding if needed.
- If you are using a dry ginger piece then grind it along with other ingredients. If you are using ginger powder then mix it in the ready paste.
- When you are using 1⁄2 cup jaggery, 3⁄4 cup paste is enough for perfect recipe. Take a heavy bottom pan and make jaggery syrup by adding water in it.
- When the jaggery melts and gets completely dissolved in water, filter the solution to remove the dirt and particles. Again boil the solution for few minutes. Now add the ready ground paste in jaggery syrup.
- Mix the paste properly with the jaggery and reduce the flame. Stir the mixture frequently to avoid it from sticking to bottom. You need to boil this mixture for nearly 10 to 15 minutes. Keep on adding pure ghee while stirring the mixture.
- When the mixture turns into a consistency of Halwa, your legiyam is ready. Remove it from heat and add raisins and honey for better taste and decoration. After cooling down store this legiyam in refrigerator.
- Honey can also add some extra sweetness if needed in your legiyam. You can dry roast the ingredients and then make a fine powder to use at legiyam powder whenever necessary. Mix this powder in jaggery syrup when it is ready and make a tasty legiyam easily.
Friday, October 17, 2014
Diwali Marundhu Tamil
This is the information on Diwali marundhu legiyam Tamil home preparation recipe. Diwali legiyam or Murundu is one of the famous recipes prepared in every house on the festival occasion for medicinal use. This recipe is not only tasty but also medically beneficial for health. It also helps to digest the other oily, heavy and spicy sweets of Deepawali. How to make diwali legiyam? Find out the easy recipe to make tasty legiyam quickly. Diwali legiyam powder ready pack is available in the market but home made preparation is always best. Diwali legiyam recipe in Tamil preparation improves the digestion process.
Diwali marundhu powder recipe ingredients
Dhania seeds 2 spoons
Ajwain seeds 2 spoons
Jeera seeds 1 1⁄2 spoons
Black pepper 1 1⁄2 spoons
Dry ginger (sukku) a small piece or dry ginger powder 1⁄4 spoons.
Jaggery powder 1⁄2 cup
Pure Ghee 3 spoons
Sesame oil 1 spoon
Diwali marundhu preparation